It is now possible to enjoy a terrace or a garden all year round thanks to different solutions such as the heated sunshade. This heating device has long been used in public places. But nowadays, it is also used in private homes. Zoom in on this practical auxiliary heater for your outdoor living space.
Heating that combines comfort and practicality
A heated sunshade is an outdoor heating device. It is recognizable by its matt shape topped by a reflector, usually parabolic in shape. But the reflector can also be square or oval. A heat lamp or a burner is placed here, depending on whether the device is operated with electricity or gas. Different models are available on the happy-garden.co.uk website.
Previously used in restaurants, bars or other public places, heated sunshades are becoming more and more popular in private homes. It must be said that they have many advantages:
- They allow you to better enjoy your terrace or garden: depending on the model, the temperature can be adjusted according to your needs. This allows you to use them in any season, even in the middle of winter.
- They offer good heating comfort: the heat is even and regular and can spread over an area of up to 30 square meters.
- They add aesthetics to your exterior: made of stainless steel, wood or steel, they are available in different sizes, colors and designs. Real garden furniture, you will choose them according to the style and decoration of your exterior.
- They last over time: this is especially true if they are well maintained and stored when not in use.
- They do not take up much space, so they can be adapted to any size balcony, terrace or garden. Different sizes are available on the market for this purpose.
Electric or gas parasol?
Depending on your needs, you can choose between a gas-heated or electrically operated sunshade.
The gas-heated parasol is equipped with a propane or butane bottle in its base. It lights up at the touch of a button, and its heating power is adjusted with a button as for a gas stove. Depending on the model of the heating sunshade, the heating surface can range from 5m² to more than 20m².
One of the advantages of this gas-fired outdoor heater is its mobility. There is no cable to plug in, so you can place the heater wherever you want. Because of the gas cylinder, the device is heavier and more cumbersome. But it is also more stable. It is recommended for outdoor use.
The electric sunshade is similar to an electric radiator. It requires an electrical outlet for its power supply. Compared to a gas powered model, the power of this device is lower. This outdoor heater is also less economical. However, it does have some advantages:
- It can be used outdoors as well as indoors;
- It emits neither odor nor CO2 ;
- It is lighter and has a small footprint;
- Heat is diffused instantly.
Other criteria for choosing a heating system
In addition to the power supply, there are other criteria to consider when choosing between the different models of heated sunshades. These are :
- Location: for indoor use, it is best to choose electrical devices that present less risk when in use.
- Aesthetics: Like garden furniture, heated parasols should add a touch of style to your outdoor environment. They can be corrugated or sculpted, or display other original shapes.
- Power and radiation: also consider the size of the area to be heated. For a large area, for example, it is better to choose a gas-heated parasol heater that is more powerful.
- The material: Choose stainless steel if you live by the sea or in humid areas. Steel is more suitable for dry environments.
Use and maintenance of the sunshade
Refer to the manufacturer’s instructions for using this outdoor heater. This ensures optimal and safe use and extends the life of the device.
Cleaning is done with a cloth soaked in cleaning solution or warm water if the material is stainless steel. Finish with a dry cloth. If the sunshade is made of steel, use cider vinegar and finish with a cloth soaked in oil.
When the parasol is not in use, cover it with a cover to protect it from humidity.