Bedroom Sheets And Comforter Sets Amazing Ideas #3 How Do I Find The Perfect Down Comforter To Make My Bed Comfortable?
Hello there, this image is about Bedroom Sheets And Comforter Sets Amazing Ideas #3 How Do I Find The Perfect Down Comforter To Make My Bed Comfortable?. It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 683 x 500. This post's file size is only 59 KB. Wether You desired to download This blog post to Your PC, you can Click here. You may also download more images by clicking the following picture or read more at this post: Bedroom Sheets And Comforter Sets.
7 images of Bedroom Sheets And Comforter Sets Amazing Ideas #3 How Do I Find The Perfect Down Comforter To Make My Bed Comfortable?
Description of Bedroom Sheets And Comforter Sets Amazing Ideas #3 How Do I Find The Perfect Down Comforter To Make My Bed Comfortable?
Bedroombed•room (bed′ro̅o̅m′, -rŏŏm′),USA pronunciation n.
- a room furnished and used for sleeping.
- concerned mainly with love affairs or sex: The movie is a typical bedroom comedy.
- sexually inviting;
amorous: bedroom eyes.
- inhabited largely by commuters: a bedroom community.
Sheetssheet1 (shēt),USA pronunciation n.
- a large rectangular piece of cotton, linen, or other material used as an article of bedding, commonly spread in pairs so that one is immediately above and the other immediately below the sleeper.
- a broad, relatively thin, surface, layer, or covering.
- a relatively thin, usually rectangular form, piece, plate, or slab, as of photographic film, glass, metal, etc.
- material, as metal or glass, in the form of broad, relatively thin pieces.
- a sail, as on a ship or boat.
- a rectangular piece of paper or parchment, esp. one on which to write.
- a newspaper or periodical.
- a large, rectangular piece of printing paper, esp. one for printing a complete signature.
- [Philately.]the impression from a plate or the like on a single sheet of paper before any division of the paper into individual stamps.
- an extent, stretch, or expanse, as of fire or water: sheets of flame.
- a thin, flat piece of metal or a very shallow pan on which to place food while baking.
- a more or less horizontal mass of rock, esp. volcanic rock intruded between strata or poured out over a surface.
- one of the separate pieces making up a geometrical surface: a hyperboloid of two sheets.
- one of the planes or pieces of planes making up a Riemann surface.
- a type of crystal structure, as in mica, in which certain atoms unite strongly in two dimensions to form a layer that is weakly joined to others.
- to furnish with a sheet or sheets.
- to wrap in a sheet.
- to cover with a sheet or layer of something.
Andand (and; unstressed ənd, ən, or, esp. after a homorganic consonant, n),USA pronunciation conj.
- (used to connect grammatically coordinate words, phrases, or clauses) along or together with;
as well as;
in addition to;
moreover: pens and pencils.
- added to;
plus: 2 and 2 are 4.
- then: He read for an hour and went to bed.
- also, at the same time: to sleep and dream.
- then again;
repeatedly: He coughed and coughed.
- (used to imply different qualities in things having the same name): There are bargains and bargains, so watch out.
- (used to introduce a sentence, implying continuation) also;
then: And then it happened.
- [Informal.]to (used between two finite verbs): Try and do it. Call and see if she's home yet.
- (used to introduce a consequence or conditional result): He felt sick and decided to lie down for a while. Say one more word about it and I'll scream.
on the contrary: He tried to run five miles and couldn't. They said they were about to leave and then stayed for two more hours.
- (used to connect alternatives): He felt that he was being forced to choose between his career and his family.
- (used to introduce a comment on the preceding clause): They don't like each other--and with good reason.
- [Archaic.]if: and you please.Cf. an2.
- and so forth, and the like;
et cetera: We discussed traveling, sightseeing, and so forth.
- and so on, and more things or others of a similar kind;
and the like: It was a summer filled with parties, picnics, and so on.
- an added condition, stipulation, detail, or particular: He accepted the job, no ands or buts about it.
- conjunction (def. 5b).
Comfortercom•fort•er (kum′fər tər),USA pronunciation n.
- a person or thing that comforts.
- a quilt.
- a long, woolen scarf, usually knitted.
- the Comforter. See Holy Ghost.
Setsset (set),USA pronunciation v., set, set•ting, n., adj., interj.
- to put (something or someone) in a particular place: to set a vase on a table.
- to place in a particular position or posture: Set the baby on his feet.
- to place in some relation to something or someone: We set a supervisor over the new workers.
- to put into some condition: to set a house on fire.
- to put or apply: to set fire to a house.
- to put in the proper position: to set a chair back on its feet.
- to put in the proper or desired order or condition for use: to set a trap.
- to distribute or arrange china, silver, etc., for use on (a table): to set the table for dinner.
- to place (the hair, esp. when wet) on rollers, in clips, or the like, so that the hair will assume a particular style.
- to put (a price or value) upon something: He set $7500 as the right amount for the car. The teacher sets a high value on neatness.
- to fix the value of at a certain amount or rate;
value: He set the car at $500. She sets neatness at a high value.
- to post, station, or appoint for the purpose of performing some duty: to set spies on a person.
- to determine or fix definitely: to set a time limit.
- to resolve or decide upon: to set a wedding date.
- to cause to pass into a given state or condition: to set one's mind at rest; to set a prisoner free.
- to direct or settle resolutely or wishfully: to set one's mind to a task.
- to present as a model;
place before others as a standard: to set a good example.
- to establish for others to follow: to set a fast pace.
- to prescribe or assign, as a task.
- to adjust (a mechanism) so as to control its performance.
- to adjust the hands of (a clock or watch) according to a certain standard: I always set my watch by the clock in the library.
- to adjust (a timer, alarm of a clock, etc.) so as to sound when desired: He set the alarm for seven o'clock.
- to fix or mount (a gem or the like) in a frame or setting.
- to ornament or stud with gems or the like: a bracelet set with pearls.
- to cause to sit;
seat: to set a child in a highchair.
- to put (a hen) on eggs to hatch them.
- to place (eggs) under a hen or in an incubator for hatching.
- to place or plant firmly: to set a flagpole in concrete.
- to put into a fixed, rigid, or settled state, as the face, muscles, etc.
- to fix at a given point or calibration: to set the dial on an oven; to set a micrometer.
- to tighten (often fol. by up): to set nuts well up.
- to cause to take a particular direction: to set one's course to the south.
- to put (a broken or dislocated bone) back in position.
- (of a hunting dog) to indicate the position of (game) by standing stiffly and pointing with the muzzle.
- to fit, as words to music.
- to arrange for musical performance.
- to arrange (music) for certain voices or instruments.
- to arrange the scenery, properties, lights, etc., on (a stage) for an act or scene.
- to prepare (a scene) for dramatic performance.
- to spread and secure (a sail) so as to catch the wind.
- to arrange (type) in the order required for printing.
- to put together types corresponding to (copy);
compose in type: to set an article.
- [Baking.]to put aside (a substance to which yeast has been added) in order that it may rise.
- to change into curd: to set milk with rennet.
- to cause (glue, mortar, or the like) to become fixed or hard.
- to urge, goad, or encourage to attack: to set the hounds on a trespasser.
- [Bridge.]to cause (the opposing partnership or their contract) to fall short: We set them two tricks at four spades. Only perfect defense could set four spades.
- to affix or apply, as by stamping: The king set his seal to the decree.
- to fix or engage (a fishhook) firmly into the jaws of a fish by pulling hard on the line once the fish has taken the bait.
- to sharpen or put a keen edge on (a blade, knife, razor, etc.) by honing or grinding.
- to fix the length, width, and shape of (yarn, fabric, etc.).
- [Carpentry.]to sink (a nail head) with a nail set.
- to bend or form to the proper shape, as a saw tooth or a spring.
- to bend the teeth of (a saw) outward from the blade alternately on both sides in order to make a cut wider than the blade itself.
- to pass below the horizon;
sink: The sun sets early in winter.
- to decline;
- to assume a fixed or rigid state, as the countenance or the muscles.
- (of the hair) to be placed temporarily on rollers, in clips, or the like, in order to assume a particular style: Long hair sets more easily than short hair.
- to become firm, solid, or permanent, as mortar, glue, cement, or a dye, due to drying or physical or chemical change.
- to sit on eggs to hatch them, as a hen.
- to hang or fit, as clothes.
- to begin to move;
start (usually fol. by forth, out, off, etc.).
- (of a flower's ovary) to develop into a fruit.
- (of a hunting dog) to indicate the position of game.
- to have a certain direction or course, as a wind, current, or the like.
- (of a sail) to be spread so as to catch the wind.
- (of type) to occupy a certain width: This copy sets to forty picas.
- [Nonstandard.]sit: Come in and set a spell.
- set about:
- to begin on;
- to undertake;
- to assault;
- set against:
- to cause to be hostile or antagonistic.
- to compare or contrast: The advantages must be set against the disadvantages.
- set ahead, to set to a later setting or time: Set your clocks ahead one hour.
- set apart:
- to reserve for a particular purpose.
- to cause to be noticed;
distinguish: Her bright red hair sets her apart from her sisters.
- set aside:
- to put to one side;
reserve: The clerk set aside the silver brooch for me.
- to dismiss from the mind;
- to prevail over;
annul: to set aside a verdict.
- set back:
- to hinder;
- to turn the hands of (a watch or clock) to show an earlier time: When your plane gets to California, set your watch back two hours.
- to reduce to a lower setting: Set back the thermostat before you go to bed.
- set by, to save or keep for future use.
- set down:
- to write or to copy or record in writing or printing.
- to consider;
estimate: to set someone down as a fool.
- to attribute;
ascribe: to set a failure down to bad planning.
- to put in a position of rest on a level surface.
- to humble or humiliate.
- to land an airplane: We set down in a heavy fog.
- (in horse racing) to suspend (a jockey) from competition because of some offense or infraction of the rules.
- set forth:
- to give an account of;
describe: He set forth his theory in a scholarly report.
- to begin a journey;
start: Columbus set forth with three small ships.
- set forward, to turn the hands of (a watch or clock) to show a later time: When your plane lands in New York, set your watch forward two hours.
- set in:
- to begin to prevail;
arrive: Darkness set in.
- (of winds or currents) to blow or flow toward the shore.
- set off:
- to cause to become ignited or to explode.
- to begin;
- to intensify or improve by contrast.
- to begin a journey or trip;
- set on:
- Also, set upon. to attack or cause to attack: to set one's dog on a stranger.
- to instigate;
incite: to set a crew to mutiny.
- set one's face against. See face (def. 35).
- set out:
- to begin a journey or course: to set out for home.
- to undertake;
attempt: He set out to prove his point.
- to design;
plan: to set out a pattern.
- to define;
describe: to set out one's arguments.
- to plant: to set out petunias and pansies.
- to lay out (the plan of a building) in actual size at the site.
- to lay out (a building member or the like) in actual size.
- set store by. See store (def. 9).
- set to:
- to make a vigorous effort;
apply oneself to work;
- to begin to fight;
- set up:
- to put upright;
- to put into a high or powerful position.
- to construct;
- to be assembled or made ready for use: exercise equipment that sets up in a jiffy.
- to inaugurate;
- to enable to begin in business;
provide with means.
- to make a gift of;
treat, as to drinks.
- to stimulate;
- to propound;
- to bring about;
- to become firm or hard, as a glue or cement: a paint that sets up within five minutes.
- to lead or lure into a dangerous, detrimental, or embarrassing situation, as by deceitful prearrangement or connivance.
- to entrap or frame, as an innocent person in a crime or a criminal suspect in a culpable circumstance in order to achieve an arrest.
- to arrange the murder or execution of: His partner set him up with the mob.
- [Bridge.]to establish (a suit): to set up spades.
- the act or state of setting or the state of being set.
- a collection of articles designed for use together: a set of china; a chess set.
- a collection, each member of which is adapted for a special use in a particular operation: a set of golf clubs; a set of carving knives.
- a number, group, or combination of things of similar nature, design, or function: a set of ideas.
- a series of volumes by one author, about one subject, etc.
- a number, company, or group of persons associated by common interests, occupations, conventions, or status: a set of murderous thieves; the smart set.
- the fit, as of an article of clothing: the set of his coat.
- fixed direction, bent, or inclination: The set of his mind was obvious.
- bearing or carriage: the set of one's shoulders.
- the assumption of a fixed, rigid, or hard state, as by mortar or glue.
- the arrangement of the hair in a particular style: How much does the beauty parlor charge for a shampoo and set?
- a plate for holding a tool or die.
- an apparatus for receiving radio or television programs;
- [Philately.]a group of stamps that form a complete series.
- [Tennis.]a unit of a match, consisting of a group of not fewer than six games with a margin of at least two games between the winner and loser: He won the match in straight sets of 6–3, 6–4, 6–4.
- a construction representing a place or scene in which the action takes place in a stage, motion-picture, or television production.
- the bending out of the points of alternate teeth of a saw in opposite directions.
- a permanent deformation or displacement of an object or part.
- a tool for giving a certain form to something, as a saw tooth.
- a chisel having a wide blade for dividing bricks.
- [Hort.]a young plant, or a slip, tuber, or the like, suitable for planting.
- the number of couples required to execute a quadrille or the like.
- a series of movements or figures that make up a quadrille or the like.
- a group of pieces played by a band, as in a night club, and followed by an intermission.
- the period during which these pieces are played.
- [Bridge.]a failure to take the number of tricks specified by one's contract: Our being vulnerable made the set even more costly.
- the direction of a wind, current, etc.
- the form or arrangement of the sails, spars, etc., of a vessel.
- suit (def. 12).
- [Psychol.]a temporary state of an organism characterized by a readiness to respond to certain stimuli in a specific way.
- a timber frame bracing or supporting the walls or roof of a shaft or stope.
- [Carpentry.]See nail set.
- a collection of objects or elements classed together.
- the width of a body of type.
- sett (def. 3).
- fixed or prescribed beforehand: a set time; set rules.
fixed: The hall holds a set number of people.
- deliberately composed;
customary: set phrases.
rigid: a set smile.
- resolved or determined;
habitually or stubbornly fixed: to be set in one's opinions.
- completely prepared;
ready: Is everyone set?
- all set, in readiness;
prepared: They were at the starting line and all set to begin.
Also, get set!
- (in calling the start of a race): Ready! Set! Go!
Ideasi•de•a (ī dē′ə, ī dēə′),USA pronunciation n.
- any conception existing in the mind as a result of mental understanding, awareness, or activity.
- a thought, conception, or notion: That is an excellent idea.
- an impression: He gave me a general idea of how he plans to run the department.
- an opinion, view, or belief: His ideas on raising children are certainly strange.
- a plan of action;
an intention: the idea of becoming an engineer.
- a groundless supposition;
- a concept developed by the mind.
- a conception of what is desirable or ought to be;
- (cap.) [Platonism.]Also called form. an archetype or pattern of which the individual objects in any natural class are imperfect copies and from which they derive their being.
- [Kantianism.]See idea of pure reason.
- a theme, phrase, or figure.
- a likeness.
- a mental image.
Howhow1 (hou),USA pronunciation adv.
- in what way or manner;
by what means?: How did the accident happen?
- to what extent, degree, etc.?: How damaged is the car?
- in what state or condition?: How are you?
- for what reason;
why?: How can you talk such nonsense?
- to what effect;
with what meaning?: How is one to interpret his action?
- what?: How do you mean? If they don't have vanilla, how about chocolate?
- (used as an intensifier): How seldom I go there!
- by what title or name?: How does one address the president?
- at what price: How are the new cars going, cheaper than last year's models?
- by what amount or in what measure or quantity?: How do you sell these tomatoes?
- in what form or shape?: How does the demon appear in the first act of the opera? How does the medication come?
- and how! [Informal.]certainly! you bet!: Am I happy? And how!
- Here's how, [Informal.](used as a toast).
- how come? [Informal.]how is it that? why?: How come you never visit us anymore?
- how so? how does it happen to be so? why?: You haven't any desire to go? How so?
- the manner or way in which: He couldn't figure out how to solve the problem.
- about the manner, condition, or way in which: I don't care how you leave your desk when you go. Be careful how you act.
- in whatever manner or way;
however: You can travel how you please.
- that: He told us how he was honest and could be trusted.
- a question concerning the way or manner in which something is done, achieved, etc.: a child's unending whys and hows.
- a way or manner of doing something: to consider all the hows and wherefores.
- a word formerly used in communications to represent the letter H.
Dodo1 (do̅o̅;[unstressed]dŏŏ, də),USA pronunciation v. and auxiliary v., pres. sing. 1st pers. do, 2nd do or ([Archaic]) do•est or dost, 3rd does or ([Archaic]) do•eth or doth, pres. pl. do* past sing. 1st pers. did, 2nd did or ([Archaic]) didst, 3rd did, past pl. did;
past part. done;
pres. part. do•ing;
n., pl. dos, do's.
- to perform (an act, duty, role, etc.): Do nothing until you hear the bell.
- to execute (a piece or amount of work): to do a hauling job.
- to accomplish;
complete: He has already done his homework.
- to put forth;
exert: Do your best.
- to be the cause of (good, harm, credit, etc.);
- to render, give, or pay (homage, justice, etc.).
- to deal with, fix, clean, arrange, move, etc., (anything) as the case may require: to do the dishes.
- to travel;
traverse: We did 30 miles today.
- to serve;
suffice for: This will do us for the present.
- to condone or approve, as by custom or practice: That sort of thing simply isn't done.
- to travel at the rate of (a specified speed): He was doing 80 when they arrested him.
- to make or prepare: I'll do the salad.
- to serve (a term of time) in prison, or, sometimes, in office.
- to create, form, or bring into being: She does wonderful oil portraits.
- to translate into or change the form or language of: MGM did the book into a movie.
- to study or work at or in the field of: I have to do my math tonight.
- to explore or travel through as a sightseer: They did Greece in three weeks.
- (used with a pronoun, as it or that, or with a general noun, as thing, that refers to a previously mentioned action): You were supposed to write thank-you letters; do it before tomorrow, please.
- to wear out;
tire: That last set of tennis did me.
- to cheat, trick, or take advantage of: That crooked dealer did him for $500 at poker.
- to attend or participate in: Let's do lunch next week.
- to use (a drug or drugs), esp. habitually: The police report said he was doing cocaine.
- to act or conduct oneself;
be in action;
- to rob;
steal from: The law got him for doing a lot of banks.
- to proceed: to do wisely.
- to get along;
manage: to do without an automobile.
- to be in health, as specified: Mother and child are doing fine.
- to serve or be satisfactory, as for the purpose;
suffice: Will this do?
- to finish or be finished.
- to happen;
transpire: What's doing at the office?
- (used as a substitute to avoid repetition of a verb or full verb expression): I think as you do.
- (used in interrogative, negative, and inverted constructions): Do you like music? I don't care. Seldom do we witness such catastrophes.
- [Archaic.](used in imperatives with you or thou expressed;
and occasionally as a metric filler in verse): Do thou hasten to the king's side. The wind did blow, the rain did fall.
- (used to lend emphasis to a principal verb): Do visit us!
- do a number on (someone). See number (def. 27).
- do away with:
- to put an end to;
- to kill.
- do by, to deal with;
treat: He had always done well by his family.
- do for:
- to cause the defeat, ruin, or death of.
- [Chiefly Brit.]to cook and keep house for;
manage or provide for.
- do in, [Informal.]
- to kill, esp. to murder.
- to injure gravely or exhaust;
ruin: The tropical climate did them in.
- to cheat or swindle: He was done in by an unscrupulous broker.
- do one proud. See proud (def. 11).
- do one's number. See number (def. 28).
- do one's (own ) thing. See thing 1 (def. 17).
- do or die, to make a supreme effort.
- do out of, [Informal.]to swindle;
cheat: A furniture store did me out of several hundred dollars.
- do over, to redecorate.
- do time, [Informal.]to serve a term in prison: It's hard to get a decent job once you've done time.
- do to death. See death (def. 15).
- do up, [Informal.]
- to wrap and tie up.
- to pin up or arrange (the hair).
- to renovate;
- to wear out;
- to fasten: Do up your coat.
- to dress: The children were all done up in funny costumes.
- do with, to gain advantage or benefit from;
make use of: I could do with more leisure time.
- do without:
- to forgo;
- to dispense with the thing mentioned: The store doesn't have any, so you'll have to do without.
- have to do with. See have (def. 36).
- make do, to get along with what is at hand, despite its inadequacy: I can't afford a new coat so I have to make do with this one.
- a burst of frenzied activity;
- a hairdo or hair styling.
- a swindle;
- [Chiefly Brit.]a festive social gathering;
- dos and don'ts, customs, rules, or regulations: The dos and don'ts of polite manners are easy to learn.
the numerals in the ancient Roman system of notation, still used for certain limited purposes, as in some pagination, dates on buildings, etc. The common basic symbols are I (=1), V (=5), X (=10), L (=50), C (=100), D (=500), and M (=1000). The Roman numerals for one to nine are: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX. A bar over a letter multiplies it by 1000;
thus, X̄ equals 10,000. Integers are written according to these two rules: If a letter is immediately followed by one of equal or lesser value, the two values are added;
thus, XX equals 20, XV equals 15, VI equals 6. If a letter is immediately followed by one of greater value, the first is subtracted from the second;
thus, IV equals 4, XL equals 40, CM equals 900. Examples: XLVII(=47), CXVI(=116), MCXX(=1120), MCMXIV(=1914). Roman numerals may be written in lowercase letters, though they appear more commonly in capitals.
Thethe1 (stressed ᵺē; unstressed before a consonant ᵺə;
unstressed before a vowel ᵺē),USA pronunciation definite article.
- (used, esp. before a noun, with a specifying or particularizing effect, as opposed to the indefinite or generalizing force of the indefinite article a or an): the book you gave me; Come into the house.
- (used to mark a proper noun, natural phenomenon, ship, building, time, point of the compass, branch of endeavor, or field of study as something well-known or unique):the sun;
the past; the West.
- (used with or as part of a title): the Duke of Wellington; the Reverend John Smith.
- (used to mark a noun as indicating the best-known, most approved, most important, most satisfying, etc.): the skiing center of the U.S.; If you're going to work hard, now is the time.
- (used to mark a noun as being used generically): The dog is a quadruped.
- (used in place of a possessive pronoun, to note a part of the body or a personal belonging): He won't be able to play football until the leg mends.
- (used before adjectives that are used substantively, to note an individual, a class or number of individuals, or an abstract idea): to visit the sick; from the sublime to the ridiculous.
- (used before a modifying adjective to specify or limit its modifying effect): He took the wrong road and drove miles out of his way.
- (used to indicate one particular decade of a lifetime or of a century): the sixties; the gay nineties.
- (one of many of a class or type, as of a manufactured item, as opposed to an individual one): Did you listen to the radio last night?
- enough: He saved until he had the money for a new car. She didn't have the courage to leave.
- (used distributively, to note any one separately) for, to, or in each;
a or an: at one dollar the pound.
Downdown1 (doun),USA pronunciation adv.
- from higher to lower;
in descending direction or order;
toward, into, or in a lower position: to come down the ladder.
- on or to the ground, floor, or bottom: He fell down.
- to or in a sitting or lying position.
- to or in a position, area, or district considered lower, esp. from a geographical or cartographic standpoint, as to the south, a business district, etc.: We drove from San Francisco down to Los Angeles.
- to or at a lower value or rate.
- to a lesser pitch or volume: Turn down the radio.
- in or to a calmer, less active, or less prominent state: The wind died down.
- from an earlier to a later time: from the 17th century down to the present.
- from a greater to a lesser strength, amount, etc.: to water down liquor.
- in an attitude of earnest application: to get down to work.
- on paper or in a book: Write down the address.
- in cash at the time of purchase;
at once: We paid $50 down and $20 a month.
- to the point of defeat, submission, inactivity, etc.: They shouted down the opposition.
- in or into a fixed or supine position: They tied down the struggling animal.
- to the source or actual position: The dogs tracked down the bear.
- into a condition of ill health: He's come down with a cold.
- in or into a lower status or condition: kept down by lack of education.
- toward the lee side, so as to turn a vessel to windward: Put the helm down!
- on toast (as used in ordering a sandwich at a lunch counter or restaurant): Give me a tuna down.
- down with!
- away with! cease!: Down with tyranny!
- on or toward the ground or into a lower position: Down with your rifles!
- in a descending or more remote direction or place on, over, or along: They ran off down the street.
going or directed downward: the down escalator.
- being at a low position or on the ground, floor, or bottom.
- toward the south, a business district, etc.
- associated with or serving traffic, transportation, or the like, directed toward the south, a business district, etc.: the down platform.
dejected: You seem very down today.
- ailing, esp., sick and bedridden: He's been down with a bad cold.
- being the portion of the full price, as of an article bought on the installment plan, that is paid at the time of purchase or delivery: a payment of $200 down.
- [Football.](of the ball) not in play.
- behind an opponent or opponents in points, games, etc.: The team won the pennant despite having been down three games in the final week of play.
- losing or having lost the amount indicated, esp. at gambling: After an hour at poker, he was down $10.
- having placed one's bet: Are you down for the fourth race?
- finished, done, considered, or taken care of: five down and one to go.
- out of order: The computer has been down all day.
- down and out, down-and-out.
- down cold or pat, mastered or learned perfectly: Another hour of studying and I'll have the math lesson down cold.
- down in the mouth, discouraged;
- down on, [Informal.]hostile or averse to: Why are you so down on sports?
- a downward movement;
- a turn for the worse;
reverse: The business cycle experienced a sudden down.
- one of a series of four plays during which a team must advance the ball at least 10 yd. (9 m) to keep possession of it.
- the declaring of the ball as down or out of play, or the play immediately preceding this.
- an order of toast at a lunch counter or restaurant.
- downer (defs. 1a, b).
- to put, knock, or throw down;
subdue: He downed his opponent in the third round.
- to drink down, esp. quickly or in one gulp: to down a tankard of ale.
- to defeat in a game or contest: The Mets downed the Dodgers in today's game.
- to cause to fall from a height, esp. by shooting: Antiaircraft guns downed ten bombers.
- to go down;
- (used as a command to a dog to stop attacking, to stop jumping on someone, to get off a couch or chair, etc.): Down, Rover!
- (used as a command or warning to duck, take cover, or the like): Down! They're starting to shoot!
Comfortercom•fort•er (kum′fər tər),USA pronunciation n.
- a person or thing that comforts.
- a quilt.
- a long, woolen scarf, usually knitted.
- the Comforter. See Holy Ghost.
Toto (to̅o̅; unstressed tŏŏ, tə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used for expressing motion or direction toward a point, person, place, or thing approached and reached, as opposed to from): They came to the house.
- (used for expressing direction or motion or direction toward something) in the direction of;
toward: from north to south.
- (used for expressing limit of movement or extension): He grew to six feet.
- (used for expressing contact or contiguity) on;
upon: a right uppercut to the jaw; Apply varnish to the surface.
- (used for expressing a point of limit in time) before;
until: to this day; It is ten minutes to six. We work from nine to five.
- (used for expressing aim, purpose, or intention): going to the rescue.
- (used for expressing destination or appointed end): sentenced to jail.
- (used for expressing agency, result, or consequence): to my dismay; The flowers opened to the sun.
- (used for expressing a resulting state or condition): He tore it to pieces.
- (used for expressing the object of inclination or desire): They drank to her health.
- (used for expressing the object of a right or claim): claimants to an estate.
- (used for expressing limit in degree, condition, or amount): wet to the skin; goods amounting to $1000; Tomorrow's high will be 75 to 80°.
- (used for expressing addition or accompaniment) with: He added insult to injury. They danced to the music. Where is the top to this box?
- (used for expressing attachment or adherence): She held to her opinion.
- (used for expressing comparison or opposition): inferior to last year's crop; The score is eight to seven.
- (used for expressing agreement or accordance) according to;
by: a position to one's liking; to the best of my knowledge.
- (used for expressing reference, reaction, or relation): What will he say to this?
- (used for expressing a relative position): parallel to the roof.
- (used for expressing a proportion of number or quantity) in;
making up: 12 to the dozen; 20 miles to the gallon.
- (used for indicating the indirect object of a verb, for connecting a verb with its complement, or for indicating or limiting the application of an adjective, noun, or pronoun): Give it to me. I refer to your work.
- (used as the ordinary sign or accompaniment of the infinitive, as in expressing motion, direction, or purpose, in ordinary uses with a substantive object.)
- raised to the power indicated: Three to the fourth is 81( 34 = 81).
- toward a point, person, place, or thing, implied or understood.
- toward a contact point or closed position: Pull the door to.
- toward a matter, action, or work: We turned to with a will.
- into a state of consciousness;
out of unconsciousness: after he came to.
- to and fro. See fro (def. 2).
Makemake1 (māk),USA pronunciation v., made, mak•ing, n.
- to bring into existence by shaping or changing material, combining parts, etc.: to make a dress; to make a channel; to make a work of art.
- to produce;
cause to exist or happen;
bring about: to make trouble; to make war.
- to cause to be or become;
render: to make someone happy.
- to appoint or name: The President made her his special envoy.
- to put in the proper condition or state, as for use;
prepare: to make a bed; to make dinner.
- to bring into a certain form: to make bricks out of clay.
- to convert from one state, condition, category, etc., to another: to make a virtue of one's vices.
- to cause, induce, or compel: to make a horse jump a barrier.
- to give rise to;
occasion: It's not worth making a fuss over such a trifle.
- to produce, earn, or win for oneself: to make a good salary; to make one's fortune in oil.
- to write or compose: to make a short poem for the occasion.
- to draw up, as a legal document;
draft: to make a will.
- to do;
effect: to make a bargain.
- to establish or enact;
put into existence: to make laws.
- to become by development;
prove to be: You'll make a good lawyer.
- to form in the mind, as a judgment or estimate: to make a decision.
- to judge or interpret, as to the truth, nature, meaning, etc. (often fol. by of ): What do you make of it?
- to estimate;
reckon: to make the distance at ten miles.
- to bring together separate parts so as to produce a whole;
form: to make a matched set.
- to amount to;
bring up the total to: Two plus two makes four. That makes an even dozen.
- to serve as: to make good reading.
- to be sufficient to constitute: One story does not make a writer.
- to be adequate or suitable for: This wool will make a warm sweater.
- to assure the success or fortune of: a deal that could make or break him; Seeing her made my day.
- to deliver, utter, or put forth: to make a stirring speech.
- to go or travel at a particular speed: to make 60 miles an hour.
- to arrive at or reach;
attain: The ship made port on Friday. Do you think he'll make 80?
- to arrive in time for: to make the first show.
- to arrive in time to be a passenger on (a plane, boat, bus, train, etc.): If you hurry, you can make the next flight.
- to gain or acquire a position within: He made the big time.
- to receive mention or appear in or on: The robbery made the front page.
- to gain recognition or honor by winning a place or being chosen for inclusion in or on: The novel made the bestseller list. He made the all-American team three years in a row.
- to have sexual intercourse with.
- to name (the trump).
- to take a trick with (a card).
- [Bridge.]to fulfill or achieve (a contract or bid).
- to shuffle (the cards).
- to earn, as a score: The team made 40 points in the first half.
- (esp. in police and underworld use)
- to recognize or identify: Any cop in town will make you as soon as you walk down the street.
- to charge or cause to be charged with a crime: The police expect to make a couple of suspects soon.
- to close (an electric circuit).
- [South Midland and Southern U.S.]to plant and cultivate or produce (a crop): He makes some of the best corn in the country.
- to cause oneself, or something understood, to be as specified: to make sure.
- to show oneself to be or seem in action or behavior (usually fol. by an adjective): to make merry.
- to be made, as specified: This fabric makes up into beautiful drapes.
- to move or proceed in a particular direction: They made after the thief.
- to rise, as the tide or water in a ship.
- [South Midland and Southern U.S.](of a crop) to grow, develop, or mature: It looks like the corn's going to make pretty good this year.
- make a play for, to try to get: He made a play for his brother's girlfriend. They made a play for control of the company's stock.
- make as if or as though, [Informal.]to act as if;
pretend: We will make as if to leave, then come back and surprise him.
- make away with:
- to steal: The clerk made away with the cash and checks.
- to destroy;
kill: He made away with his enemies.
- to get rid of.
- to consume, drink, or eat completely: The boys made away with the contents of the refrigerator.
- make believe, to pretend;
imagine: The little girl dressed in a sheet and made believe she was a ghost.
- make bold or so bold, to have the temerity;
be so rash;
dare: May I make so bold as to suggest that you stand when they enter?
- make book, [Slang.]
- to take bets and give odds.
- to make a business of this.
- make colors, to hoist an ensign, as on board a warship.
- make do, to function, manage, or operate, usually on a deprivation level with minimal requirements: During the war we had no butter or coffee, so we had to make do without them.
- make down, [Chiefly Pennsylvania German.]to rain or snow: It's making down hard.
- make fast, [Chiefly Naut.]to fasten or secure.
- make for:
- to go toward;
approach: to make for home.
- to lunge at;
- to help to promote or maintain: This incident will not make for better understanding between the warring factions.
- make good:
- to provide restitution or reparation for: The bank teller made good the shortage and was given a light sentence.
- to succeed: Talent and training are necessary to make good in some fields.
- to fulfill: He made good on his promise.
- [Navig.]to compute (a course) allowing for leeway and compass deviation.
- make heavy weather:
- to roll and pitch in heavy seas.
- to progress laboriously;
struggle, esp. to struggle needlessly: I am making heavy weather with my income tax return.
- make it:
- to achieve a specific goal: to make it to the train; to make it through college.
- to succeed in general: He'll never make it in business.
- to have sexual intercourse.
- make it so, strike the ship's bell accordingly: said by the officer of the watch when the hour is announced.
- make like, [Informal.]to try or pretend to be like;
imitate: I'm going to go out and make like a gardener.
- make off:
- to run away;
depart hastily: The only witness to the accident made off before the police arrived.
- [Naut.]to stand off from a coast, esp. a lee shore.
- make off with, to carry away;
steal: While the family was away, thieves made off with most of their valuables.
- make on, [Chiefly Pennsylvania German.]to turn on, light, or ignite (esp. a light or fire): Make the light on.
- make one's manners, [Southern U.S.]
- to perform an appropriate or expected social courtesy.
- [Older Use.]to bow or curtsy.
- make out:
- to write out or complete, as a bill or check.
- to establish;
- to decipher;
- to imply, suggest, or impute: He made me out to be a liar.
- to manage;
succeed: How are you making out in your new job?
- to engage in kissing and caressing;
- to have sexual intercourse.
- [Chiefly Pennsylvania German.]to turn off or extinguish (esp. a light or fire): Make the light out.
- make over:
- to remodel;
alter: to make over a dress; to make over a page layout.
- to transfer the title of (property);
convey: After she retired she made over her property to her children and moved to Florida.
- make sail, [Naut.]
- to set sails.
- to brace the yards of a ship that has been hove to in order to make headway.
- make shut, [Chiefly Pennsylvania German.]to close: Make the door shut.
- make time. See time (def. 42).
- make up:
- (of parts) to constitute;
- to put together;
- to concoct;
- Also, make up for. to compensate for;
- to complete.
- to put in order;
arrange: The maid will make up the room.
- to conclude;
- to settle amicably, as differences.
- to become reconciled, as after a quarrel.
- [Print.]to arrange set type, illustrations, etc., into columns or pages.
- to dress in appropriate costume and apply cosmetics for a part on the stage.
- to apply cosmetics.
- to adjust or balance, as accounts;
prepare, as statements.
- to repeat (a course or examination that one has failed).
- to take an examination that one had been unable to take when first given, usually because of absence.
- to specify and indicate the layout or arrangement of (columns, pages, etc., of matter to be printed).
- Atlantic States. (of the weather or clouds) to develop or gather: It's making up for a storm.
- Atlantic States. (of the sea) to become turbulent: If the sea makes up, row toward land.
- make up to:
- to try to become friendly with;
- to make advances to;
flirt with: He makes up to every new woman in the office.
- make water:
- to urinate.
- (of a hull) to leak.
- make with:
- to operate;
use: Let's make with the feet.
- to bring about;
provide or produce: He makes with the big ideas, but can't follow through.
- the style or manner in which something is made;
- production with reference to the maker;
brand: our own make.
- the act or process of making.
- quantity made;
- [Cards.]the act of naming the trump, or the suit named as trump.
- [Elect.]the closing of an electric circuit.
- the excellence of a polished diamond with regard to proportion, symmetry, and finish.
- identifying information about a person or thing from police records: He radioed headquarters for a make on the car's license plate.
- on the make:
- seeking to improve one's social or financial position, usually at the expense of others or of principle.
- seeking amorous or sexual relations: The park was swarming with sailors on the make.
- put the make on, [Slang.]to make sexual overtures to.
Mymy (mī),USA pronunciation pron.
- (a form of the possessive case of I used as an attributive adjective): My soup is cold.
- Also, my-my. (used as an exclamation of mild surprise or dismay): My, what a big house this is! My-my, how old he looks!
Bedbed (bed),USA pronunciation n., v., bed•ded, bed•ding.
- a piece of furniture upon which or within which a person sleeps, rests, or stays when not well.
- the mattress and bedclothes together with the bedstead of a bed.
- the bedstead alone.
- the act of or time for sleeping: Now for a cup of cocoa and then bed.
- the use of a bed for the night;
lodging: I reserved a bed at the old inn.
- the marital relationship.
- any resting place: making his bed under a tree.
- something resembling a bed in form or position.
- a piece or area of ground in a garden or lawn in which plants are grown.
- an area in a greenhouse in which plants are grown.
- the plants in such areas.
- the bottom of a lake, river, sea, or other body of water.
- a piece or part forming a foundation or base.
- a layer of rock;
- a foundation surface of earth or rock supporting a track, pavement, or the like: a gravel bed for the roadway.
- the underside of a stone, brick, slate, tile, etc., laid in position.
- the upper side of a stone laid in position.
- the layer of mortar in which a brick, stone, etc., is laid.
- the natural stratification of a stone: a stone laid on bed.
- skirt (def. 6b).
- the flat surface in a printing press on which the form of type is laid.
- the body or, sometimes, the floor or bottom of a truck or trailer.
- a compact mass of a substance functioning in a reaction as a catalyst or reactant.
- the canvas surface of a trampoline.
- the smooth, wooden floor of a bowling alley.
- the slate surface of a billiard table to which the cloth is fastened.
- flesh enveloping the base of a claw, esp. the germinative layer beneath the claw.
- Also called mock, mock mold. [Shipbuilding.]a shaped steel pattern upon which furnaced plates for the hull of a vessel are hammered to shape.
- See bed and board.
- get up on the wrong side of the bed, to be irritable or bad-tempered from the start of a day: Never try to reason with him when he's gotten up on the wrong side of the bed.
- go to bed:
- to retire, esp. for the night.
- to engage in sexual relations.
- go to bed with, to have sexual intercourse with.
- in bed:
- beneath the covers of a bed.
- engaged in sexual intercourse.
- jump or get into bed with, to form a close, often temporary, alliance, usually with an unlikely ally: Industry was charged with jumping into bed with labor on the issue.
- make a bed, to fit a bed with sheets and blankets.
- make one's bed, to be responsible for one's own actions and their results: You've made your bed--now lie in it.
- put to bed:
- to help (a child, invalid, etc.) go to bed.
- to lock up (forms) in a press in preparation for printing.
- to work on the preparation of (an edition of a newspaper, periodical, etc.) up to the time of going to press.
- to provide with a bed.
- to put to bed.
- [Hort.]to plant in or as in a bed.
- to lay flat.
- to place in a bed or layer: to bed oysters.
- to embed, as in a substance: bedding the flagstones in concrete.
- to take or accompany to bed for purposes of sexual intercourse.
- to have sleeping accommodations: He says we can bed there for the night.
- to form a compact layer or stratum.
- (of a metal structural part) to lie flat or close against another part.
- [Archaic.]to go to bed.
- bed down:
- to make a bed for (a person, animal, etc.).
- to retire to bed: They put out the fire and decided to bed down for the night.
Bedroom Sheets And Comforter Sets framed supply and mirror by color could be a contemporary attractive ornaments that are societal. Although an easy shape, towel stand made-of bamboo, such as within the snapshot above doesn't appear traditional, definitely. Its humble layout, fused with a modern interior style minimalism. Once we know, the bamboo-phase having its stops shut. Sealed ends can be used as organic planting channel. Just need talent and dexterity, subsequently be potted plant of bamboo.
Surface bamboo on the surfaces of the toilet is created just somewhat, not fully. Wall that is feature was properly become a focus in the toilet of the racial model that is current. Rooftops which can be eco-friendly, and certainly ideal for places with tropical environment like the roof of Bedroom Sheets And Comforter Sets, Indonesia. No need to worry about strength and the resilience of bamboo top, due to bamboo's advanced technology might be maintained and could be durable.
Exclusive multipurpose tray can be acquired from bamboo. Wooden planks established having a stream while in the kind of the look contemporary but still you will find shades of imaginative and distinctive. Sundries decoration occupancy of the next bamboo partition. If the partition is usually produced from bamboo, in bamboo's photograph are created full and intentionally arranged irregularly. Include lights that are yellow in the bottom to generate setting and dramatic effects.