Another Word For Comforting have 7 photos including The Adverb An Adverb Is A Word That Modifies A Verb, An Adjective, Or, Another Word For Comforting Nice Look #2 Better Words For 'Bad'., Best Friend, God, And Life: Someidiotontheinternet: Principiosrotos My Best Friend Is An, Another Word For Comforting #4 'Harry Potter' Quotes: 10 Comforting Words Of Wisdom From Albus Dumbledore, Jolene Was Comforting A Very Small Child., Another Word For Comforting Photo #6 Reference - Words To Describe Smells, Scents, Aromas, Another Word For Comforting #7 Empathy Word Cloud Concept - Stock Image. Here are the images:
This image about Another Word For Comforting was uploaded at May 26, 2018 at 1:18 pm. This blog post is published under the Comforter category. Another Word For Comforting is tagged with Another Word For Comforting, Another, Word, For, Comforting..Are you having difficulty identifying which lights will undoubtedly be picked to your Another Word For Comforting the top light design for you? Properly, nowadays can be your happy morning since we shall provide you with on how to select the excellent lighting on your room four amazing tips! Bedside lights are a necessity in nearly every bedroom.
The thing that is biggest is to choose the solution that best suits your preferences whether their house or appearance is linked. It is very important to decide why the precise light is put below and never there.
Nonetheless, sometimes it is insufficient, so you must look into it to take into account just how many clearly enlightened spots you ought to have within your bedroom. You choose to use just a little wall sconce or perhaps a lamp as your bedroom lamp and can go together with unique ways.
Interpretation of Another Word For Comforting
Anotheran•oth•er (ə nuᵺ′ər),USA pronunciation adj.
- being one more or more of the same;
additional: another piece of cake.
of a different period, place, or kind: at another time; another man.
- very similar to;
of the same kind or category as: What we need today is another Thomas Jefferson.
- one more;
an additional one: That first hot dog tasted so good I'd like another.
- a different one;
something different: going from one house to another.
- one like the first: one copy for her and another for him.
- a person other than oneself or the one specified: He told her he loved another.
Wordword (wûrd),USA pronunciation n.
- a unit of language, consisting of one or more spoken sounds or their written representation, that functions as a principal carrier of meaning. Words are composed of one or more morphemes and are either the smallest units susceptible of independent use or consist of two or three such units combined under certain linking conditions, as with the loss of primary accent that distinguishes black′bird′ from black′ bird′. Words are usually separated by spaces in writing, and are distinguished phonologically, as by accent, in many languages.
- speech or talk: to express one's emotion in words; Words mean little when action is called for.
- the text or lyrics of a song as distinguished from the music.
- contentious or angry speech;
a quarrel: We had words and she walked out on me.
- a short talk or conversation: Marston, I'd like a word with you.
- an expression or utterance: a word of warning.
- warrant, assurance, or promise: I give you my word I'll be there.
information: We received word of his death.
- a verbal signal, as a password, watchword, or countersign.
- an authoritative utterance, or command: His word was law.
- Also called machine word. a string of bits, characters, or bytes treated as a single entity by a computer, particularly for numeric purposes.
- (cap.) Also called the Word, the Word of God.
- the Scriptures;
- the Logos.
- the message of the gospel of Christ.
- a proverb or motto.
- at a word, in immediate response to an order or request;
in an instant: At a word they came to take the situation in hand.
- be as good as one's word, to hold to one's promises.
- eat one's words, to retract one's statement, esp. with humility: They predicted his failure, but he made them eat their words.
- have a word, to talk briefly: Tell your aunt that I would like to have a word with her.
- have no words for, to be unable to describe: She had no words for the sights she had witnessed.
- in a word, in summary;
in short: In a word, there was no comparison.Also, in one word.
- in so many words, in unequivocal terms;
explicitly: She told them in so many words to get out.
- keep one's word, to fulfill one's promise: I said I'd meet the deadline, and I kept my word.
- man of his word or woman of her word, a person who can be trusted to keep a promise;
a reliable person.
- of few words, laconic;
taciturn: a woman of few words but of profound thoughts.
- of many words, talkative;
wordy: a person of many words but of little wit.
- put in a good word for, to speak favorably of;
commend: He put in a good word for her with the boss.Also, put in a word for.
- take one at one's word, to take a statement to be literal and true.
- take the words out of one's mouth, to say exactly what another person was about to say.
- weigh one's words, to choose one's words carefully in speaking or writing: It was an important message, and he was weighing his words.
- to express in words;
select words to express;
phrase: to word a contract with great care.
- my word! or upon my word! (used as an exclamation of surprise or astonishment.)
Forfor (fôr; unstressed fər),USA pronunciation prep.
- with the object or purpose of: to run for exercise.
- intended to belong to, or be used in connection with: equipment for the army; a closet for dishes.
- suiting the purposes or needs of: medicine for the aged.
- in order to obtain, gain, or acquire: a suit for alimony; to work for wages.
- (used to express a wish, as of something to be experienced or obtained): O, for a cold drink!
- sensitive or responsive to: an eye for beauty.
- desirous of: a longing for something; a taste for fancy clothes.
- in consideration or payment of;
in return for: three for a dollar; to be thanked for one's efforts.
- appropriate or adapted to: a subject for speculation; clothes for winter.
- with regard or respect to: pressed for time; too warm for April.
- during the continuance of: for a long time.
- in favor of;
on the side of: to be for honest government.
- in place of;
instead of: a substitute for butter.
- in the interest of;
on behalf of: to act for a client.
- in exchange for;
as an offset to: blow for blow; money for goods.
- in punishment of: payment for the crime.
- in honor of: to give a dinner for a person.
- with the purpose of reaching: to start for London.
- contributive to: for the advantage of everybody.
- in order to save: to flee for one's life.
- in order to become: to train recruits for soldiers.
- in assignment or attribution to: an appointment for the afternoon; That's for you to decide.
- such as to allow of or to require: too many for separate mention.
- such as results in: his reason for going.
- as affecting the interests or circumstances of: bad for one's health.
- in proportion or with reference to: He is tall for his age.
- in the character of;
as being: to know a thing for a fact.
- by reason of;
because of: to shout for joy; a city famed for its beauty.
- in spite of: He's a decent guy for all that.
- to the extent or amount of: to walk for a mile.
- (used to introduce a subject in an infinitive phrase): It's time for me to go.
- (used to indicate the number of successes out of a specified number of attempts): The batter was 2 for 4 in the game.
- for it, See in (def. 21).
- seeing that;
Comfortingcom•fort•ing (kum′fər ting),USA pronunciation adj.
- affording comfort or solace.